Partition Manager Server 8.1.1
- Convert NTFS to FAT.
- Copy Dynamic disk volume.
- GPT Disk and MBR Disk interconversion.
- Copy UEFI boot disk.
- Convert GPT-style Dynamic Disk to Basic.
- Move Boot/System volume for Dynamic Disk.
Partition Manager Server Resources
Reasons to buy
- Tel: 1-952-646-5331 (international)
- Fax: 1-604-756-1847
- Email: email@example.com
- We also accept Purchase Order from our value customers. If you like to order our product by Purchase Order, please contact our sales directly for quote and invoice.
Mark partition as primary
Many users may know that each basic MBR disk can be composed of either up to four primary partitions, or three primary partitions plus one extended partition containing a number of logical partitions. Well, why do users need to mark partition as primary?
The Reason Why Users Mark Partition as Primary
First, let’s discuss the reason for converting logical partition to primary partition. If users are using a Windows operating system and they want to install another Windows operating system while there is only one primary partition in the disk, in this case, users should mark partition as primary. This is because two operating systems must be placed in two primary partitions and also the files of each operating system must be saved in respective partition so as to enable them to work normally.
1. Users can’t perform this task if the disk already has three primary partitions and one extended partition. (Unless there is only one logical partition in the extended partition.)
2. If the disk contains two primary partitions and several logical partitions, users can only convert the first or the last logical partition to primary partition. (If users set other logical partitions as primary, the extended partition will be divided into two.)
How to Mark Partition as Primary
To help users convert logical partition to primary, we recommend an excellent partition magic server – MiniTool Partition Wizard. Please follow the tutorials given below.
First of all, launch MiniTool Partition Wizard to get the main interface. Select a logical partition (E:) which needs to be converted to primary. Next, activate “Set Partition as Primary” on the left panel or click “Set Partition as Primary” after right click on E:.
Then, activate “Apply” button to continue. Finally, click “Yes” on the pop-up interface to apply the change. After that, the process of converting logical partition to primary partition comes to an end.
This is a brief introduction of how to mark partition as primary. Users can operate other functions of our partition magic server as long as they purchase one. Click here to know more about other editions of MiniTool Partition Wizard.